Wat we bieden
Wat we bieden
**DUTCH RESIDENTS ONLY**
Are you a self-starter, ready to take the lead in designing and building our company's network, computing, and storage infrastructure as our first dedicated cloud engineer? And…
Do you want to:
- Work in a fun, relaxed environment, with an ambitious team located in the heart of Amsterdam?
- Be in charge of your own job while experiencing a down-to-earth company culture based on trust and freedom?
- Build the most reliable and robust SaaS product for our top-tier customers?
Join us and master the infrastructure of Smart.pr, our state-of-the-art SaaS application for PR professionals!
You will work on the infrastructure of Smart.pr, our in-house developed powerful press relationship management tool. We’re currently in the process of migrating our services from VPS to Kubernetes. As our first dedicated cloud engineer in the team, you are in charge of maximizing the potential of this ongoing transition as well as constantly introducing improvements and innovation to our future technology stack.
Your job will be to leverage your strong technical skills in cloud computing, containerization (Docker, Kubernetes), automation and scripting. You will play a pivotal role in designing and maintaining our network and infrastructure, ensuring reliability, scalability, and security. You will collaborate closely with the developers and will implement CI/CD pipelines, automate processes, troubleshoot issues, and provide support where needed.
In embodying our company values of transparency, collaboration, and accountability, you will be at the forefront of optimizing our tech stack. Next to being a great team player, you are eager to learn, bring an open mindset, and have mint communication skills. Passion for your work is key. In the end, your role will be what you make of it.
- At least Bachelor's/Master's degree level of thinking
- Several years of relevant working experience
- You are living in the Netherlands
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly (Dutch-speaking is a bonus)
- Cloud computing expertise. You have experience with the following systems and concepts we leverage:
- Cloud service providers: AWS (preferred), GCP, etc.
- Infrastructure as Code (we use Terraform)
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes
- Services: NGINX, MySQL/PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch (nice-to-have)
- Working knowledge of networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, and HTTP)
- Automation mindset and experience with implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with version control
Wat we bieden
- Working in a fun, ambitious and highly skilled development team
- Being part of a non-hierarchical company culture with a relaxed and open atmosphere
- A chance to design, build and refine our applications architectures and all of their surrounding components, creating, adding to and growing our beautiful little oasis on the web
- Contribution to a private pension scheme (Bright Pensioen or Brand New Day)
- 25 holidays per calendar year
- NS business card (depending on your residence)
- Employer contribution OneFit membership
- Healthy lunch (and fruit) at the office
- Flexible working-from-home policy
- Personal development budget
- Referral bonus
- Office in the heart of Amsterdam
- Infamous ping-pong championships
- Team outings and spontaneous work drinks
We are a team of driven software engineers, sales/account managers, and data researchers - always aiming to surpass ourselves. We run a lean operation in an entrepreneurial environment from our office in the heart of Amsterdam. Having bootstrapped our SaaS company from scratch since 2008, we pride ourselves on a non-hierarchical and down-to-earth company culture that is a blast to work in. We combine our ambitious goals for (inter)national growth with a relaxed work environment and a healthy work-life balance. We simply perform better when we are happy.
You'll become an integral member of our product team, collaborating with six other skilled software engineers and a dedicated product owner. You will find yourself challenged and inspired by your colleagues with versatile skill sets. We practice a healthy balance between being present in the office and working from home. This experienced and close-knit team is ready to expand by strengthening our focus on application infrastructure.