Senior Go Developer
We are looking for an experienced Golang developer that can help in making sure gamers from all over the world can play their most favorite games without any interruptions. Our service is all about low-latency and high-performance with the company-wide goal of serving 1 billion users by 2025.
As a developer at i3D.net you are responsible for controlling and automating our equipment located in datacenters across the world. Our customers range from internal services to small clients to multinationals, who all have different wishes and requirements when it comes to their server and OS flavors and we need to cater to all of them without manual intervention. They all have at least one thing in common: how quickly can I get my server? Our platform allows our employees to deliver servers with the click of a few buttons, and our clients can soon do this themselves, too.
You will help us in making this a reality! How can we deliver hardware quickly, securely and with 100% accuracy? At the same time we need to have good visibility on our processes, so monitoring our processes is part of the job. That is of course automated as well. Fortunately at i3D.net we have ample resources available to do this. Not just in one of our datacenters, but globally, altogether ensuring a global uptime of the magic 99.999% (can you get us to 100%?). Together with your experienced dev, dev ops and network colleagues we build these systems, keep them modern and relevant by using the latest technologies where they make sense.
- Design, develop and operate network services in an iterative approach.
- Automate, document and program accessible code (Load Balancing Services, Firewall Services, DNS services, etc).
- Create and implement scalable- and high-performance solutions.
- Ensure services are compatible with a multi cloud environment.
- Process tasks
- Be critical about quality, both of your own work and that of others; all work is peer-reviewed.
- Be pro-active and speak your mind.
- Actively participate in your team their agile methods, and work alongside other teams ensuring alignment and collaboration.
- Support making architectural decisions.
- Help product owners define the technical roadmap to fulfill our customer- and user needs.
- you are responsible for your work, but as a team you are responsible for deliverables.
Our Agile Development teams are self-organizing, so it’s essential that you’re a great team player with good communication and coordination skills. You know everything about the Agile mindset and enjoy taking responsibility. We are continuously looking for ways to improve processes in our business and therefore expect you to take initiative and propose new ideas. On top of that, you have a passion for development and follow the latest developments in your expertise.
As a Senior Back-end Developer Golang, you have the following skills and experiences:
- At least 7+ years of relevant work experience, with a strong focus on back-end development.
- Deep expertise in Go (Golang) development, including understanding of the language’s nuances, its standard library, and its ecosystem.
- Familiarity with popular Go frameworks and tools, and the ability to choose the right tool for the job.
- Experience with designing and implementing scalable, performant, and reliable Go applications.
- Proficiency in writing idiomatic Go code and optimizing Go applications for performance and resource efficiency.
- Knowledge of the Go concurrency model and experience with concurrent programming.
- Experience with creating and integrating with RESTful APIs and understanding of microservices or distributed architecture.
- Ability to write comprehensive unit tests for Go applications and knowledge of Test-Driven Development (TDD) principles is a plus.
- Experience transitioning applications or services from other languages/platforms to Go is a plus (especially PHP, given the company’s existing platform).
- Knowledge and experience with ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, and other distributed systems or messaging platforms. Experience with Kibana, Logstash, and Docker is a plus.
- Understanding of modern cloud infrastructures (OpenStack, AWS, Google, Azure, etc.) and how Go applications fit within those environments.
- Commitment to maintaining a high level of software quality, implementing best practices, and staying up-to-date with the ever-evolving Go ecosystem.
We work hybrid, so we are ideally looking for someone who does not mind coming to the office.
Wat we bieden
- Dive in to the world of gaming and real time and engage with customers from all over the world. We have a diverse commercial team and value collaboration, diversity and entrepreneurship. With the team we organize drinks, dinners and events throughout the year.
- A challenging and dynamic job in an international company
- A competitive salary (depending on education, knowledge, and experience)
- 25 vacation days (excluding national holidays)
- Travel allowance & work-from-home budget
- Collective pension scheme
- All the hardware and software you need to perform, including a laptop
- Career guidance including remuneration of relevant education, courses, and training
- A modern office in a prime location with open workplaces
- Free access to Ubisoft games through Ubisoft Connect
- Free use of the in-house gym
i3D.net is an equal opportunity employer. At i3D.net, we believe in a fair and equal workplace for all and foster an environment that is inclusive as well as diverse. We do not discriminate based on color, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender (identity), age, mental or physical abilities, or other characteristics. We believe that employees thrive when they can be comfortable and be themselves! We encourage candidates to apply knowing that they will be considered solely on their merits and qualifications.
- Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Employment offers are contingent upon a final candidate’s successful interviews with hiring manager, HR and other representatives of i3D.net and the completion of a background verification and a final determination by i3D.net that the information derived from the background verification does not disqualify the individual.