The Mobile Company Amsterdam
You start your flexible working day at nine thirty, with an espresso and an informal stand-up with your team. Together you review the tickets in JIRA and you head back to your desk with the to-dos for the day. There you fire up your VM and SQL server, and read up on your emails and latest GitHub issues. After a chat to clarify the story details with your neighbour it’s time to code. A client sends you an urgent message with a couple of last-minute changes and bugs, but you don't mind as you know how to fix them right away.
At one o’clock, you join the entire team for a company lunch in the cantina. You play a killer game of Ping-Pong, then grab a cold drink and start reviewing the latest PR from a developer in your team. In the meantime, you slack with a stakeholder and help them out with some of their burning questions. After finishing the review, you grab a new tooling ticket to change up the pace. You finish it quickly, and use the extra time for a tech talk with a colleague before an internal demo later today.
After the demo, you join your team’s tactical meeting to review weekly metrics, projects and goals. A video call with a customer is scheduled next, which you join right after. It’s almost the end of the day and you finish reading a blog on the new language you look forward to learning. You jump on your bike for your daily 7-minute 43-second ride to Amsterdam Station where you decide last minute to join today’s meetup on test-driven development in the city to upgrade your skills and share what you learn in tomorrow’s show & tell session at the office.
- You’re an awesome Backend Developer and you can prove it
- Your knowledge of Python, PHP, Laravel and Docker is excellent
- You have experience with various types of relational databases
- You thrive in a dynamic Scrum/Agile environment
- You have experience with DevOps, Symfony, C# and .NET Framework
- You have basic knowledge of front-end development
- You know your way around GitHub and JIRA
- You’re ambitious, result-driven, flexible and hands-on
- You have an eye for quality and detail – your code is clean, consistent and easy to maintain
- You’re not the type to guesstimate. You analyse and let big data drive your decisions
- You're naturally curious, and enthusiastic to explore new tech and share insights
- We greatly value your attitude and ability to be a team player
U wordt gedreven doorBetekenis & Creativiteit & Kennis
Wat we bieden
- A competitive salary
- An international team that makes sure there’s never a dull moment
- Exciting brands to work with and projects that are equally diverse and challenging
- A flat company where your great ideas can easily become a reality
- Plenty of room to learn and grow (think events, seminars, trainings and more)
- A beautiful office in Amsterdam, with a breath-taking view over the water
- Flexible working schedule, weekly drinks, game nights and team activities
- Extensive company lunch and fresh fruit, snacks & cold drinks on the daily
The Mobile Company works according to the Holacracy method. Holacracy is an operating system to bring structure and discipline to our organisation. This is important to us as we are a flat organisation and would like all our colleagues to take part in the successes of our company. The guidelines of Holacracy bring autonomy to our teams and allow individuals to grow. The model of the operating system helps us to grow in self-organisation.