Ruby on Rails Developer
Wat we bieden
Wat we bieden
The development team takes care of the development, maintenance and support of the software BuyBay runs on. For the colleagues in our logistical centre in Wijchen, the teams in Amsterdam, but also our partners who use our software solutions as a service. They do this using a modern technology stack and a continuous drive to improve both the quality of the technology, as well as the processes used to deliver it.
To expand the development capacity required to implement our ambitious software solution roadmap, we are seeking to add a Ruby on Rails Developer to our development team. The Ruby on Rails Developer will be a senior member of the development team, reporting directly to CTO Rutger van Bergen. It’s much more than a development role; it’s an opportunity to make an impact on the business.
What will you be doing?
- Develop software that is aimed at optimizing the full flow of return product handling, both within BuyBay and at our partners, in collaboration with the other developers, the Product Owner and QA engineers.
- Design, develop and maintain front and backend solutions for database-driven web applications.
- Participate in and contribute to decisions concerning architectural and design patterns used and applied within BuyBay’s Ruby on Rails applications.
- Perform continuous and proactive maintenance and support on our operational software, involving multiple applications and interfaces.
- Work on all areas of Ruby on Rails applications, including graphical and non-graphical user interfaces, back-end logic and third-party API connections.
- Work on the continuous enhancement of the Ruby on Rails development practice within BuyBay.
- Also challenge the current tech stack and suggest other solutions where necessary. The sky is the limit.
- Liaise with and contribute to the Ruby on Rails community in the Netherlands (and beyond).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- A strong affinity with databases; you know how to design and tune them.
- Experience designing, developing and using APIs.
- Used to working agile, using Scrum.
- Experience working with AWS, the Atlassian stack and Mercurial or Git.
Who are you?
- Great analytical skills with the ability to define challenges and then address them.
- Love learning new technologies and delivering customer-centred solutions.
- Open to discuss, learn, grow, and help and coach others to do the same.
- Solving problems phrased in business terms through the clever use of appropriate technologies.
- Ownership of the software you develop, from development through delivery to production.
- Love to write clean, concise, maintainable and well-tested code.
- You have strong communication skills in English and like to collaborate in a dynamic team.
In deze baan vindt u:Creativiteit & Sociale contacten & Specialisme
Wat we bieden
- A challenging job in a young, ambitious and fast-growing scale-up, where interesting developments continuously take place.
- Lots of freedom, responsibility and space for new initiatives.
- Focus on personal and professional growth.
- An opportunity to actively contribute to the resolution of the massive return problem in Europe.
- Working in a team with enthusiastic and passionate people.
BuyBay is a healthy, profitable and innovative scale-up and our business is trending. To support that growth we add new business models to our existing one and we are currently expanding our services from the Benelux to the rest of Europe. Our mission is to make sure all returned and overstock items in Europe get a second chance.