Java full-stack engineer
Your workday starts at home, our office near Brussels Central Station or at the client’s office. You open your laptop, check in to say hello and start coding. Fan of vi, IntelliJ or Sublime? You pick whatever tooling that allows you to take up any of the following roles:
- (Co-)Develop the core of our software platform (Node, Angular, Java, Vue.js, …).
- Participate in DevOps by keeping our platform up and running in optimal condition. You do this through proactive monitoring and improving.
- Support our teams at the customer side with customisations, configuration changes, dev questions, troubleshooting, …
Do you recognise yourself? We want you to fit in with the team. Do not worry if you cannot tick all of the boxes yet, we are not perfect either.
- You have a bachelor or master in IT, engineering or equivalent practical experience. You have a broad technical interest and are keen to learn new stuff.
- You are comfortable building and using RESTful APIs.
- You deliver high-quality, maintainable code that flows through our continuous integration and deployment cycle.
- You are able to split large problems into smaller parts and share your solutions with the team
- Whatever you do, you keep the customer in mind.
- You are a good communicator, both in English and Dutch or French.
- You have the guts to work at a dynamic scale-up. This means that you are self-driven and autonomous, that you like to work in a quickly changing environment and have a flexible attitude whenever the job requires it (which works both ways, as you can read below).
U wordt gedreven doorBetekenis & Kennis & Mensen
Wat we bieden
What do we offer apart from your paycheck?
- Flexibility to organise your work to your own preferences (as said, flexibility works both ways!
- The choice to work where you prefer: 2 days a week we are physically together, the other days you are free to work from home, from the office or from any location that suits your day
- The freedom to choose your tools (OS, IDE, …)
- A learning path that will make you a top-notch SaaS software engineer. You learn from your colleagues and we organise regular workshops and training, for technical skills as well as soft skills, such as communication and teamwork.
- A sports budget, a mobility budget (you choose how you move around), health insurance, a group insurance and we cover for your work-related expenses.
Skryv works on several products that advance the smart use of information technologies in the (public) administration. Our flagship product is the Skryv Digital Administration Platform, an open platform for quick assembly of digital administration applications with smart process & case management. Fully digital, fast and low-dev.
In 2014, we started with 3 and we are now with a team of 10. As we grow our business (somewhere around 40% in 2018), we are constantly looking to add great people to the team.
The team is the place where all the magic happens and knowledge grows. So we ask a lot of questions within the team. Like "why do we work for Skryv?". We found 4 common themes (and a bonus one).
Hopes this helps YOU to consider becoming a Skryver!
1. We want to Shape a Growing Company
Skryv is a growing company in which each of the Skryvers has a big impact. This is true for what we do (How can we best serve our clients? What is the best next feature for our platform?), how we work (Which tooling? Which technology?) and who does what (Which roles?).
Any team member has a big impact on the company. No matter the role one takes, he or she receives ownership of a part of the organisation, and the possibility to shape and co-create the future evolution of Skryv.
In other words, there is plenty of room for entrepreneurial mindsets.
2. We want to Shape Our Work
We go for self-organisation. None of the roles is set in stone and all are open for improvement. So we all have the opportunity (and responsibility!) to optimise the way we do our work and take up (new) roles.
The key is that we - as a team - deliver results. We pay a lot of attention to work-life balance, but sometimes we go the extra mile to get things done!
In summary: we're self-starters with great freedom... (You all know the spiderman quote, right?)
3. We want to Learn & Grow
The more we know and the more we are able to do, the better we will be at having a positive impact, getting to self-organising, ...
So we created an environment of active coaching and constant learning. This happens on the job through discussions with colleagues, peer reviews, ... But also more formal trainings, conferences, books, ... are on the learning agenda.
So as a new joiner, you will find yourself surrounded with smart people and receive a lot of input & feedback. Indeed, we want you to become good at your job and this goes much faster if you are well coached!
4. We Seek and Live Respect
Finally, we believe that the only way to treat people is with respect. So we listen to understand and take the time to explain our point of view and come to the best solution. We pay a lot of attention to respectful communication, constructive handling of differences in opinion and providing actionable feedback.
This also means that all Skryvers get insight in how Skryv is doing as a company (e.g. through quarterly updates on the business metrics). As such, you get the transparency you need to know how your (future) company is doing.
... and of course we have fun :)
No need to be serious all the time! Every 2nd Thursday of the month, we go for a drink, play games and have a relaxed portion of fun: our Thirsty Thursday!